About this blog
I’ve opened this blog to publish articles related to software internationalization, but over time I saw that maintaining two different websites is time-consuming, so this blog is in the process of becoming my personal website.
Internationalization (i18n) wasn’t my intended specialization in the computer field, but over the years I’ve had several opportunities of deepening my knowledge in this domain, so why not share with others what I had learned?
If you are working in i18n area, feel free to contact me – I will be happy to discuss with you about i18n issues and how we can improve the processes for both commercial and open-source software.
I’m interested about:
- Product Management – I consider myself a customer oriented person and business focused.
- Python programming language – something I hated before learning to love it.
- Web, including html5 and the rise of the mobile internet access
- SaaS – Software as a service
- Automation of software development processes (not only build), Hudson,
- g11n, i18n and l10n – as compressed as it can be
- Accessibility and user experience
- Crowd-sourcing, communities, open-source and Linux
In addition to the list above I should include that I have additional experience regarding: project management (PMP certified), several years of C/C++ and Perl programming and few other years of managing a start-up business.
Open-source and communities
- Synergy – considered a software KVM by many users, is a project that let’s you control several computers using a single keyboard and mouse. You can switch from one computer to another just by moving your mouse – similar to multiple displays on the same computer.
- tendo - a python module that is extending Python stdlib support with things like: console coloring for logging, improved command line execution routines, additional Unicode support.
- i18n.ro – the portal of the Romanian software localization community, most efforts being towards improving consistency of the translations and adding support for culture specific features.
Below is my public SSH key, in case you need it to give me access to your machine
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAIEAiOTpamGBKfrWNGqrj0ly8QIszz4lfeH6Uwat27viY21YS1kcCGR+5qHOvBEDq83P04SToPRqh4Isje4cFxX9XZ7NQPC+dQfWNbWiSU5YaEcZ3lMDIkv2svoO9DdmkTgdMJUeRF/nTCXuQwhM/qd4gQ9j5PfIo52xklJ+1nIr2ts= rsa-key-sorin-sbarnea